Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Top 5 Things an AP Lang Student Should Know: #1

#1 Ideas


Pffft, what? Ideas? Seriously?
Yes, yes seriously. (This is actually the only one I placed in the right rank.)
No one wants to listen to or read a reiterated idea over and over and over again! So be original!

If you interpret the obvious, no one is going to be impressed. Honestly, there is no harm in trying to deviate from the norm! Sometimes, you even interpret something so completely different, people think you're insane. Or even stupid! BUT! Not in AP Lang!

Here's the passages



This is my unusual essay


No one else interpreted the passage the way I did. I believe my originality saved my grade from failure (I didn't answer the prompt!)

No deducted points for a new idea! See?

For the best chance to receive an A, answer the prompt AND have a weird but cool idea in mind!

In AP Lang, we decipher texts and produce new ideas on assumptions, historical context, intuition, blah blah.
Don't be afraid to share your ideas! Especially during Socratic Seminars, that's when we get to discuss our thoughts the most.

Just Free Your Mind!


You don't even have to agree what the teacher thinks, it's all up to you!


Here's a venn diagram I made for you bros!
Red-"Teacher's Interpretation"
Blue-"What the Author Intended"
Green- "My interpretation"

Hah hah, I actually saw this 3 or 4 years ago on failblog and tried looking for it but it was impossible to find again so I made this cause I thought it was just that funny.

There are no rules in interpretations! It's how you perceive something, not some one else. It's up to you.



All pictures belong to their respective owners and I do not have ownership over them in any shape, way, or form. Found at www.deviantart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment